Dermapen uses multiple needles that vertically pierce the skin. This enhances rejuvenation results and is far safer for the client, because there is much less epidermal damage.
The automatic vibrating function of the Dermapen increases the effectiveness and efficiency of treatments by increasing absorption of products, whilst reducing pain & discomfort.
Dermapen can be as effective as ablative treatments such as fractional laser, IPL, laser resurfacing and chemical peels, without the negative side effects and downtime.
Dermapen Treatment is also known as Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT), when a highly concentrated serum is used on the area treated during the session. The serum can contain Hyaluronic Acid (HA), which increases the moisture in the skin as well as other ingredients, which stimulate the fibroblasts of the skin to reproduce collagen & elastin.
The benefits of Dermapen Treatments are multiple, and the most effective ones are:
- Skin tightening, natural collagen
- Induction, lifting & rejuvenation
- Acne scars & wound healing
- Reduces wrinkles & fine lines
- Minimises pore size
- Improves stretch marks
- Treats alopecia (When used in conjunction with topical treatment)
- No cross infection – disposable needles
The advantages of Dermapen Treatment are numerous and the most commonly known are:
- Speed – up to 1000 holes per second
- Shorter treatment times
- Adjustable needle depth
- Less pain
- Light weight hand-piece
- Shorter Downtime healing
- Greater results
Post Treatment Advise
After the treatment, take precautions against sun exposure. Do not apply sunscreen for 12 hours after the Dermapen treatment due to the skin’s channels being open for a period of time and due to the toxic nature of some sunscreens on the market.
- Do not perform any vigorous exercise for at least 12 hours after treatment.
- Do not apply make-up for at least 12 hours after the treatment. We recommend Lira BB cream for use post procedure versus other foundations.
- Dermapen needling may trigger a cold sore response in patients and a prophylaxis medication should be recommended to those who are prone to breakouts.
- Wash the face thoroughly a few hours after treatment. Gently massage the face with tepid water, and remove all serum and other debris such as dried blood.
- For the first 1-3 days the skin will be very dry and feel tight.
- After 2-3 days patients can return to regular skin care products or as soon as it is comfortable to do so.
- Avoid alcohol based toners 10-14 days.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for at least 10 days if possible.
TREATMENT RECOVERY TIMELINE:
- Day 1: Erythema and red appearance and severity will depend upon how aggressive the treatment was performed.
- Day 2: A red hue or pink hue persists like a moderate sunburn. Swelling may be more noticeable on the second day.
- Day 3-5: Skin can be pink or normal color. Swelling subsides.
Get in touch
Name must not be empty
Please provide a valid email
Message should not be empty